100 Days of Productivity - Get Things Done!

So my summer term at university has started and that means that I am quite busy again visiting lectures, preparing stuff for classes, reading articles and textbooks, taking notes and studying for the next exam. There's clearly much more work to do when you're a university student - you can't compare it with high school, you'll be finding this out in your first term right away.

Waiting outside the lecture hall on campus


 As I am a happy and frequent Tumblr user, I started following some study blogs or "studyblrs" as they like to call themselves over the last months in order to hopefully get motivated and inspired to get my work for my classes done. That's when I came across 100 Days of Productivity, a challenge or concept that is supposed to push you to do some little work every day, for 100 days straight. Anything productive can be counted. All you have to do is to take a photo of your accomplished work and post it online on Tumblr (I haven't seen this concept on any other social media). At the end of the challenge you can look back at all the work you've done and be proud of yourself!

After I finally found out what 100 Days of Productivity is about, it didn't take me long to join the community of studyblrs. In my opinion, this concept is just great and it does motivate me to get things done, even if it's just a bit of work every day. Later, all these little bits will count up and I will have achieved my studying goals! I'm not far into 100 Days yet (day 7, haha) but I will hopefully not lose track of it. Clearly there are some days that keep you very busy and away from studying but I guess even if you just read a few pages of your textbook or take only a few notes - everything will add up in the end.



 And of course, studying is not always fun. Sometimes an exam is able to make you feel so bad and anxious that you break down crying in despair, asking yourself how you are going to pass this one particular exam. But honestly, I consider myself lucky to be able to study at a university and to be fairly happy with my choice of subject - or major...however you call it where you live :). I'm so grateful to get access to higher education. And if you find a topic or area that you actually enjoy, something that makes you want to know more about, then studying can be more like a blessing instead of a burden. Surely not every single lecture or class that I need to pass to be one step closer to graduation will be interesting to me - but as long as the positive aspects and feelings about my studying remain, I will too in this area.

So why not challenge yourself to be productive for 100 days straight? You don't need to be a student to take part. Learning a language in your free time? Writing a novel? Reading a really thick book? I don't think there are any limits. 

Have a fabulous day,
Julia Annabeth x 


Follow me on tumblr and join 100 Days of Productivity!

Comments

Popular Posts