Goodbye 2015 - Hello 2016!

Frohes neues Jahr - Happy New Year - Bonne Année!

 Another year has gone by. There have been good moments and bad moments, as always. Yet this year has been quite special for me as I have finally graduated from school. But that's not the only highlight from 2015. This blog post is inspired by Beckie0's Resolution videos. I want to take a look back on the previous year and write down my resolutions for this year.


Looking back...

The first special event that I want to mention is my trip to Berlin at the end of February. Although it was a school trip, it was a pretty good one. We stayed for three whole days and saw a lot of sights and had a few interesting tours through different parts of the city. The capital of Germany is huge and full of history and beautiful architecture. Seeing left parts of the Berlin Wall, going through the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and visting the Brandenburg Gate is probably something unforgetable. 

The Brandenburg Gate (German: Brandenburger Tor) - a little blurry, sorry!



Skipping to May: The Eurovision Song Contest was taking part in Austria again, after 50 years! Since I enjoy watching it, I needed to take part in some events. I actually wanted to work as a volunteer but I was too afraid that it would collapse with my final exams. I am still a little sad that I didn't got tickets to the actual shows. But I went to the opening ceremony (and almost saw nothing...the perks of being a short person :P), to the Nordic Party (where the participants from Sweden, Iceland, Norway, Denmark and Estonia performed) and to a public viewing of the final. 


At the Nordic Party

 On the 10th of June, I finally went to my first One Direction concert in Vienna. To be honest, it was a pretty tough day but it all payed off at the end when the boys appeared on stage. I had such a great evening and the boys were really brilliant live! Unfortunately I didn't stand too close to the stage but a friend sent me a well taken photo of them! Harry couting up to 20 in German was just adorable ha! Will never forget this special day. I have been waiting three years for it (not in Azkaban, but still)!




After that, after passing all the written and oral exams, I graduated from schoooool! :) It was an amazing feeling, being able to start writing a new chapter of life. My last school day was pretty funny as well!

Then, in July, I went to London for a short time with a good friend. I already blogged about it, and I can just say it again: What a great, great trip! I sometimes think it was all a dream...finally visiting this stunning capital of England after years of wishing to do so. I know I am veeeery ordinary by wanting to go to London, but well... :P

It seems so surreal when you are standing in front of this famous tower after you only have seen it on pictures and videos :o

Last but not least - I began to study at a university and I feel great doing so! :) When I got the results of my "acceptance exam", saying that I got in, I was beyond happy! That change of my life was challenging, I have to admit that. I feel so much better than I did in school although I have more things to do. Now I am standing in front of my first university exam!


My resolutions for 2016...

  • Read at least 16 books (Ever heard of Goodreads? You can set up your reading goal for the year there!) 
  • Cut down useless internet time (because honestly, I'm just wasting precious time)
  • Be more productive - procrastinate less! (I myself am excited if I'll manage that haha)
  • More writing (Blogging or writing stories)
  • Be more organised
  • Drink more water or tea
  • Improve my French skills (Mon Dieu! Mais je vais essayer ça!)
  • Be honest to myself

I hope you had a great year as well and that you made some deliberate resolutions. I wish you all the best for 2016, may you achieve many of your goals!

xx Julia Annabeth 

Comments

  1. Hey! :) Great resolutions, I hope you manage to keep them! I use Goodreads as well, what is your account there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts